The main thing in the agile approach is the ability to move easily and quickly (from task to task) to quickly make informed decisions. This is a super-current flexible methodology for software development and implementation of other projects in the field of marketing and information technology.
The IT sphere is the most competitive and you need to keep a fast pace at all times if you are an IT specialist. The main benefit of Agile is that it allows you to accelerate teamwork, increase efficiency and focus on customer needs.
Agile Focuses on Customer Needs
The idea of focusing on customer needs is pretty obvious. How do Agile tools help you with this? The main difference is that each team member must deeply examine the client’s needs and wishes. With this information, employees offer more effective solutions in their area of responsibility.
The main tool of work is short and maximum intensive meetings of all team members or the majority. At such sessions, information and ideas are exchanged, decisions are made on how to proceed. Each participant must leave the meeting with a clear understanding of what to do next.
Simplicity is one of the core values of agile. People should concentrate on their work, not following various regulations. The most popular way of organizing work is Scrum. If you work according to this method, all the rules and plans of a team of 10 people for 2 weeks can be written on a couple of sheets A0. This is a list of everything that is planned for the next iteration. Another requirement is to clearly record and observe the time of meetings.
Work in such a system is regularly interrupted. But all the breaks are practical. This can be product testing or demonstration of the results to the customer. An important detail is that pauses should be short and productive. The feedback received helps to improve the product and make the processes more efficient.
Agile will become the way of the working process
Keep in mind that “introduce Agile and calm down” will not work. This is the path of continuous improvement and improvement. Remember that the competition does not stop, which means that you cannot stop either.
The 12 core principles of the Agile are:
- The highest priority is customer satisfaction through the regular and timely delivery of valuable software.
- Changing requirements are encouraged, even in the later stages of development. Agile processes enable change to be leveraged to provide the customer with a competitive advantage.
- Throughout the project, developers and business representatives must work together daily.
- Motivated professionals should work on the project. To get the job done, create the conditions, provide support, and trust them completely.
- Direct communication is the most practical and effective way to exchange information both with the team itself and within the team.
- The best requirements, architectural and technical solutions come from self-organizing teams.
- The team should systematically review possible ways to improve performance and adjust their work style accordingly.